Technogeek Systems sold by Technogeek Computer Services. (Technogeek), A.B.N. 47 643 540 781 Warranty Statement.
- All Electronic Components constituting a system are covered by their respective Manufacturers. The warranty can range from one year to lifetime depending upon the component.
- Technogeek will honour all hardware warranty claims for parts and labour within the first year from date of purchase. Parts having longer warranties will also be covered after the first twelve month period.
- All warranties are Return to Base. Onsite warranty are available on request.
- Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. All rights provided under your Technogeek warranty are in addition to any rights you have as a Consumer under the Australian Consumer Law.
- Warranty does not include restoration of your personal data/software applications/emails or any other data. It is the customer's responsibility to backup such data. Technogeek does offer a backup/recovery service (fees apply).
- The Desktop systems are covered against assembling defect for 1 Year from Date of Purchase unless you take advantage of our optional 5 year warranty services.
- 1 Year Phone Technical Support on all Desktop Systems from Date of Purchase.
- All Systems must be serviced regularly once every 12 months to maintain the optional warranty status.
- Peripheral such as Monitors, Multi Functions, Backup Devices, Any Retail Packaged Product, Printers and Scanners are serviced by the Service Agents appointed by their respective manufacturers. Customers should contact these service agents directly to avoid any delay and inconvenience. Technogeek will assist in claims if customer experiences any difficulties with the appointed agents and a handling fee may be applicable to cover administration and freight costs.
Conditions Of Warranty
- The product must be accompanied with a proof purchase with any warranty claim. Technogeek has right to refuse a warranty claim without a valid copy of invoice. Technogeek is NOT required by law to find your invoice for warranty.
- The product must not have had its serial numbers or warranty stickers tampered with.
- Physical damage on any product could void manufacturer's warranty. Warranty does not cover damage, fault, failure or malfunction due to external causes, including accident, abuse, misuse, problems with electrical power, corrosion, installation and/or usage and/or storage not in accordance with product instructions and an act of God, fire, flood, war, act of violence or any similar occurrence. Failure of the product due to misuse or incorrect installation could void manufacturer's warranty.
- Warranty does not cover any incompatibility arising from hardware not purchased from Technogeek.
- Power Supplies will not be covered if affected by electrical surges. Problems caused by over clocking system components to higher than default settings intended by the manufacturer, are not covered by warranty.
- Software problems, corruptions, virus, spyware, malware, hardware / software conflicts and incompatibilities are excluded from hardware warranty and will be subject to an appropriate labour charge as per the current charge schedule.
- Warranty does not cover software, software configuration and any accessories or parts added to computer system after the date of purchase.
- Damage arising out of any use or operation of the product purchased, outside of the physical, electrical or environmental specifications of the product could void the manufacturer's warranty.
- Goods under warranty cover will be replaced or repaired by the manufacturers. No refund can be provided under any warranty claim.
- During the standard warranty period, Technogeek will repair or replace products returned for warranty. Our liability is limited to the replacement of the product or the supply of equivalent product, or the repair of the product.
- For our Standard Warranty all products are covered under a return-to-base warranty. Therefore all freight costs and upgrade costs to any items (still under warranty) will be borne by the customer and insure the shipment or accept the risk of loss or damage during such shipment and transportation. Technogeek will not be held responsible for any goods damaged or lost during shipping or in transit. All claims will be forwarded to appropriate Insurance companies.
- When purchasing from Technogeek the customer agrees that to the extent permitted by law, in relation to third party products (not manufactured by Technogeek) purchased through us where such of the products are covered by a relevant manufacturer's warranty, then the customer will first make a claim against the manufacturer and shall utilise that warranty for the support of such products and in any event not look to Technogeek for such warranty support in the first instance.
- All Desktop Computers with extended warranties must be serviced regularly to maintain the warranty after 12 months. We recommend an Annual Service once every 12 months by Technogeek Computer unless the system is being operated in areas prone to dust or heat in which case it may be required more often.
- You do have the right to pursue the manufacturer for extended warranty claims after our 12 month period expires.
- All Systems must be serviced regularly once every 12 months to maintain any extra warranty status.
Warranty Claim Procedure
- All warranty claims are to be submitted with a completed Return of Merchandise Authorisation (RMA) Form. This form is available from the service department. On acceptance the faulty part is sent to the distributor for repair or replacement. This can take time if the part has been phased out (discontinued) or needs a major repair from the manufacturer. Technogeek does not take any responsibilities for such delays. If the item is a current stocked item and a part of Technogeek System, it will be replaced from stock if available (note we are not a shop and do not carry parts as per usual) to avoid inconvenience. The client will have the opportunity at all times to upgrade to the next model at a minimal charge to avoid any down time on their computer System.
- A large percentage of returned goods are found to be, not faulty. In which case all shipping fees will be borne by the customer and a cost $35 will be applicable to cover for the testing time.
- Customers are responsible for proper packaging of RA returns. All warranties will be void on items that are insufficiently or inaccurately packaged. Customers are responsible for any shipping and insurance cost involved in sending the warranty claim goods back to Technogeek.
- Product(s) discontinued by manufacturer(s) shall be upgraded to a similar product or a credit will be given at the current market value or the purchase price whichever is lower.
Warranty Turnaround Time
- Depending on availability, some items may be swapped immediately from our stock supplies, whereas some other products often require Return Authority through the manufacturer or Approved Australian Distributor. Turnaround time for warranty claims largely depends on the suppliers or the distributors. A normal warranty claim includes the time to test the item, shipping to the supplier, supplier's own test and replacement / repair, and return. We do not provide advance replacement unless the system is covered by Technogeek Premium Cover. Technogeek is not responsible for any losses resulting from the time it takes to have the faulty item replaced or repaired. If a faulty part or product is replaced then the warranty period continues from the original date of purchase, unless otherwise specified.
- You accept that your purchase of goods includes your acceptance of this warranty terms and conditions